disappearing email

palinka 11:20 19 May 05

Friend tells me that her computer us freezing and emails disappear before she can read them.

Acer laptop, OS is XP&SP2. Freezing seems to be random (virus? spyware? graphics card problem?) and if it happens when emails have arrived but not been opened they vanish permanently.

She has 2 ISPs - default is a local supplier; second is Tiscali (which she has only for emergencies, doesn't normally use). I'll try to fix it that Tiscali does not dial up automatically (thus disconnecting from her default service) and also to leave a copy on the [default] server so she can download again if she loses them the first time. But can anyone suggest a reason/solution to the underlying problem, please?

EARLR 14:17 19 May 05

Try Thunderbird from Mozila it's free from MOZILLA. This would prove if problem is of the MICROSOFT varity.
Good Luck

palinka 14:25 19 May 05

thanks, EARLR, I'll suggest that to her.

palinka 08:57 21 May 05

well whatever it was, I also found her AVG seemed not to be recognised. I've installed new copy. Still can't find a reason for the freezing, but I'll monitor her progress.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…