disappearing downloads

billwalk 17:40 18 Oct 06

I download a file from the web into a folder, My Documents or other, then on checking the file to run or view, the file is not there ! ....I've tried searching my discs .......nothing ! can anyone help ?

sean-278262 17:43 18 Oct 06

What do you use to browse the web and what do you use to download files. If you dont understand what Im saying tell me what comes up when you download the file as it downloads.

Stuartli 19:30 18 Oct 06

Do you get a download panel before starting a download?

If so try altering the path so a download appears on the Desktop.

If this is successful, create a new folder for downloads and change the path to that; you can keep the more important downloads available in the folder as a backup if necessary after installation.

billwalk 21:55 18 Oct 06

Thanks for prompt replies, I have not changed anything on my p.c. for some time, apart from windows updates. my browsers are "bt yahoo" & IE both of which i use. I have tried to change the path of the d/l but no saved d/l. as reply to "Stuartli" yes i do get the usual download panel before commencing d/l and the d/l does appear to go smoothly..........It's very strange !..... my p.c is networked using a netgear router but that has been working well for about 3 months with no apparent problems.

billwalk 15:54 02 Nov 06

I posted on 18th oct " The Mystery of Disappearing Downloads, I've tried everything suggested to me to date and nothing yet has cured the problem. I have a workaround in using Firefox as my browser, but I would still like to get I.E. working correctly......Any help would be appreciated.

ulrich 18:58 02 Nov 06

I also have this problem. I click on drivers or game updates, I get all the green blocks, maybe run and its gone. I do believe this is a reg problem, and I have seen how to resolve it but now can't find it. It was a lady who had this problem.

billwalk 19:12 02 Nov 06

Thanks for your response.....yes i think it could be a reg problem, i,ve searched many forums including Microsoft, there is a good deal of the problem about but I've yet to see a resolution ! I shall just keep trying.......I'ts o.k. that i have the workaround for now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…