Disappearing Disk Space?

caradoc 16:31 24 Feb 04

I've been getting messages telling me my Drve C:\ is short of space. I have used Partition Magic 8 to move disk space from my other drive but I still get the same message. My C drive is used solely for Windows XP Pro and one or two other very small programmes. So far my C drive has gone from 2.5 GB to 8 plus GB. Has anyone any idea what is happening? The additional space I add is actually showing on the C drive. I'm wondering whether my HD is on the way out.

Chegs ® 16:38 24 Feb 04

Do you have Sytem Restore enabled,its a prime suspect for eating up HDD space.

caradoc 17:06 24 Feb 04

Yes, I have system restore enabled but I cannot use that at present because of low disk space.
Should I disable it?, although up until a few days ago it always worked OK. Would it actually use over 4GB of disk space?

Chegs ® 17:18 24 Feb 04

I rarely use System Restore,as its often more trouble than its worth(I also have Auto Updates off too)relying instead on a 3rd party app such as DriveImage/TrueImage to keep my pc running.I tried enabling SR on a previous install,and I started getting Low Disk warnings on a 15Gb HDD.I think its possible to limit the space available to SR,but as I said,I dont use it so dont know.

Chegs ® 17:21 24 Feb 04

I just looked,it has a slider to reduce the space available,it was set at 12% of my partitions by default,which equates to 2400Mbs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…