Disappearing Curser on Laptop

Trevhse 15:15 05 Sep 05

I have an old Dell C610 latitude and frequently but not always,the curser floats tot he bottom of the screen. If I try and move it it just returns to hide at the bottom of the screen. This does not happen all the time and sometimes corrects itself during use, but it's really annoying and time consuming.

Is this i big problem? Am I able to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated.

recap 12:41 06 Sep 05

Check for viruses first.

If there is no virus, uninstall the mouse software, unplug the mouse then shut down. Plug the mouse back in and restart the PC.

Trevhse 13:38 06 Sep 05

Ther is no virus, I have had the laptop cleaned. It is not the mouse curser that is floating it is the laptop controls that I use with the curser. Do you think that I shoudl use a mouse and this will resolve the problem?

dave_and_confused 13:43 06 Sep 05

Do you mean that when you switch on if the mouse cursor is in the middle of the screen it'll move to the bottom of the screen? Does it try to resist movement of the mouse?

I was just about to post the same question about a Compaq Armada laptop i've just fired up for the first time in ages. It's random - sometimes it does it and sometimes not. Sometimes the "pull" is strong and others not so.

I'm trying to see if can disbale the little button mouse thingy in the middle of the keyboard but can't get in to BIOS yet...

Is this the same do you think? There are not viruses on the PC - NAV installed and updated and it had a fresh install of Win98SE only a week before i last used it.

recap 14:34 06 Sep 05

I understand now that you are using the touchpad and not a mouse to control the cursor. If this is the case in the control panel you can change the settings of the touch pad. Other than that try your suggestion of using a mouse to see if it resolves the issue.

Trevhse 15:35 06 Sep 05

Definately the same thing. I am going to try recap suggestion now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…