disappeared bars

spruce 00:51 20 Nov 05

really bizzare

when i am in windows explorer view the bars that have the icons and drop down menus (ie file, edit, view etc), have disappeared leaving only the the title bar (with the options only to restore minimise close etc).

I dont have a clue how this has happend and how i can restore the icons and drop down menus. Any clues will be greatly appreciated.

have a nice day

Pilx2005 01:01 20 Nov 05

try system restore.

007al 01:02 20 Nov 05

move curser over edgs of bar...see if you get an up down arrow...you can drag the bars down.

spruce 01:05 20 Nov 05

thanks for the suggestions :) however already tried those :(

no joy still :(

007al 01:05 20 Nov 05

go to view-toolbars...and make sure theres a tick next to the ones you want to see

spruce 01:12 20 Nov 05

thanks for your effors 007al however there is no dialogue drop down boxes :( the only thing is the title bar which has just restore close etc so alas I cannot go to the view menu :(

spruce 01:20 20 Nov 05

Hi Pilx2005 - dunno how system restore will fix this problem on a win 2000 box ???????

007al 01:31 20 Nov 05

Method 1: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP

From the Start menu, select Run.
In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
Select the OK button.
Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.
Method 2: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP

From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.
Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden Files and Folders option.
Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.
In the All or Part of the File Name box, type ie.inf
In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder.
Click the Search button.
In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder.
Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.
Reboot the computer when the file copy process

007al 01:39 20 Nov 05

try here click here

wednesday 13 09:51 20 Nov 05

You should try avant browser as it has a built in pop up blocker and it is easier to use. i just can't remember the site

wednesday 13 09:52 20 Nov 05

click here

click download avant browser then save. when complete, click open and install. It's free!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…