disabling password logon win xp pro! how? plz

second best 18:54 15 Sep 03

hi, recently installed some extra windows components from the ins cd, coz i was tryinght o figure out how to network. i have a anetwork set up no, but my startup has changed. i know hav eto input my password. i have managed to change it so i just press ok without entering a pw, but i would like it to just boot without me being there. also, when i go to shutdown, the 3 button console restsrt shutdown log offm, has changed to a drop down menu. presumably to do with the previous query. can someone tell me what i might have done, and can i fix it?

VoG II 19:03 15 Sep 03

Start, Run, type in

control userpasswords2

and click OK.

Take the tick out of "users have to enter a password..."

second best 19:06 15 Sep 03

thnxs vog i wont know till i rebot, but can you tell me how to get to it using normal windows link, if you know what i mean. ii couldnt find it anywhere. would liketo know how to navigate to it manually (scenic route) thnx

VoG II 19:08 15 Sep 03

I don't think there is a scenic route!

second best 16:58 16 Sep 03

i have something called 'clientservices for netware insatlled somewhere but i cant find it. it is preventing me from changing certain things to do with my log on. i have the classic stlye drop down menu instead of the new xp 3 radio button style. when i click 'change the way user log on' i get the message 'client service for netware has disabled the welcome screen, you must uninststal it, but i cant find it, not even with the search function. any ideas?

MAJ 18:57 16 Sep 03

Looks like you've solved this one, second best? What about an update of the situation?

second best 20:10 16 Sep 03

sorry MAJ, i don't quite understand what you mean. the situation is still not resloved. i now load up admin settings instead of my own user profile. i have to log oof when it boots up and then load my own personal profiole. can you tell me anythihng about 'client services for netware'?

VoG II 22:10 16 Sep 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…