Disabling Pagefile in WinXP

Brad33 16:44 22 Jul 03

I have just upgraded to 512mb RDRAM from 256mb in windows XP pro, and noticed a fair speed increase. I then decided to disable the pagefile in windows xp (system properties advanced tab)and have noticed xp is now an incredible amount faster than it was. Has anybody else sucessfully managed to run xp pro with 512mb ram and no swapfile, or do most people not do this till they have over 1 gig of ram? All of my applications work fine, with no slowing down or running out of memory with the swapfile disabled, even memory hefty software like Dance Ejay 5. Idle, with no apps running (and obv pagefile disabled), my system has about 340mb available ram, and this doesn't seem to decrease to less than 250mb even with a lot open.

Brad

barrie_g 18:39 22 Jul 03

Usual thing, if it runs ok fine, if you start to have problems you know what you have done so all you will have to do is change it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…