disabling onboard sound on asus a7n8x deluxe mobo

whizza 13:57 26 Apr 03

hi i want to disable the onboard sound and put my soundblaster in any 1 know how i do this thx

Lone Crow 15:16 26 Apr 03

You should be able to disable the on-board sound via the BIOS. On my Asus board (not the same model) it shares a 'page' with the modem riser entry. Then install your card and its drivers and away you go (with fingers firmly crossed!). LC.

Rayuk 17:11 26 Apr 03

As Lone Crow says,disable it in the bios.Press delete on start up to enter bios.Look for Integrated Peripherals tab.

Lone Crow 02:15 27 Apr 03

For the benefit of others reading this posting, on some BIOSes you press F1 (or whatever) instead of Delete. There's always a message early in the startup procedure that says something like "To enter BIOS press Delete (or F1, whatever)" so you do, before the message goes. If you miss it, press the Ctrl/Alt/Del keys simultaneously to restart the boot-up and catch it 2nd time around! Cheers. LC.

xalemo 06:34 27 Apr 03

read the mobo manual, everything should be explained there

sooety 06:54 27 Apr 03

as lone crow says ,Do it with your BIOS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…