Disabling NAT on a Zoom X3 5560 DSL Modem

Nina-204798 11:36 16 Mar 04

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and have a little problem with my Zoom Modem. I can connect fine (Using BTOpenworld DSL) with the basic settings. However, I need the firewall to be completely off. It has a function to enable PPP Half Bridge as well as Disabling Nat. But when I do both of these or either of these, it won't connect to BT anymore and I can't get online.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Followed the procedures from the Zoom website for PPP Half bridge but still it won't connect. and well, disabling the NAT on its own has the same effect.

Thank you in advance :)

Selina

anon1 12:45 16 Mar 04

I may be wrong but I would imagine it has something to do with the mac address. Without a manual it is difficult to say but if you have a registered mac address with bt and then change the configuration it is just possible that bt would reject you. See if there is a way to "spoof" the mac address

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…