Disabling mouse key

belayer 17:31 20 Jul 09

Does anybody know a way to disable the right ckilck button on a mouse?

My very elderly father has some problems with his hands and keeps accidentally clicking the right button when he moves the mouse about. He doesn't need the right button at all, so it would help him to disable it.

Technotiger 17:51 20 Jul 09

Other than physically opening up the mouse to disable the right-hand button, I don't think it is possible. I have had a look at my own two meeces in Control Panel, there is no option to disable either mouse button, apart from making the buttons more easy for left-handed operation as opposed to the more usual right-handed operation.

VoG II 17:53 20 Jul 09

It must depend on the mouse. With my Microsoft wireless mouse there is the option to set right click to Disabled.

belayer 17:56 20 Jul 09

OK, thanks for that.

VoG, that is useful, I can maybe get him a wireless mouse and see if that is an option.

Technotiger 18:02 20 Jul 09

One of my meeces is a Logitech Wireless Laser mouse, does not have a button disable option - so you better make it a Microsoft one like VoG™'s ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…