Disabling On-Board Audio

kingkenny 09:51 23 Sep 03

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question about disabling the on-board audio for my Asus A7V333 mobo. I realise that i have a jumper setting to change but the one thing I am unsure of is the Driver for the set up. In Add/Remove Programs do I remove the Audio Driver to make way for the Audigy2 drivers? or is the Audio Driver in this list an essential to the motherboard processes?

seems to be obvious but would like to check

If anyone can help, thanks

mark500 09:52 23 Sep 03

Yes remove all old drivers to avoid conflict. On board sound is usually disabled in the BIOS under the INTERGRATED PERIPHERALS entry.

kingkenny 10:00 23 Sep 03

Should there only be 1 Audio Driver in the Add/Remove programs list, because I have another entry called "PCI Audio Applications" and not sure what involvement that has.

The other one is called "PCI Audio Driver" so pretty sure thats to be removed. I will need to check my Bios too then.

My manual only mentions a jumper setting switch to disable the On Board Audio, I suppose it differs from board to board.

mark500 10:08 23 Sep 03

If your board says a jumper switch then that is probably all you will have to do. Not sure on the audio applications entry but could be some sort of sound enhancing or configuration software like Audio HQ supplied in soudblaster live software.

kingkenny 10:31 23 Sep 03

Actually, just checked that application and I think its a mixer that starts on boot up and sits in my start bar.

Thanks for the help Mark500

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…