Disabling AVG outgoing mail scanning.

Daibus 10:14 14 Jan 05

Have just installed AVE free edition anti-virus on a friends computer, but in spite of removing the tick for scanning outgoing mail, the window still pops up as the mail is being sent, showing that it's still being scanned by AVG.

Is there any way to stop this happening, but we still want however, scanning of incoming mail to be enabled?

Many thanks.

2neat 11:44 14 Jan 05

wats up wiv scaning outgoing mail?

pj123 14:33 14 Jan 05

Why would you want to stop scanning outgoing mail? Are you not concerned that you might pass a virus on to someone else?

StuPC-2004 15:34 14 Jan 05

The other chaps have a point, although I only scan my outgoing with attachments.

As I recall (writing this from work with no AVG to check with) call up the AVG control panel and select the email panel - there's a Properties or Options screen you can get (right-click?) and *I think* there's a Config button which enables you to choose whether you scan incoming and/or outgoing mails, whether to scan only attachments, whether you label them as scanned, what that label says, etc.

Daibus 08:07 15 Jan 05

Thank you guys for your help and comments which will be passed on to the friend and to which I must agree with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…