Disabling ad-blocking software

chestnutcake 21:52 29 Aug 10

Hi again

I have been trying to watch some programmes on ITV4 and it would appear my computer has some software that prevents this. The message says

We have detected software on your computer that filters out adverts and prevents you from watching videos on ITV.com. Please disable your ad-blocking software.

I have Norton Protection on my computer but am not sure where to look to unblock the software, or indeed if this is a sensible thing to do.

Anyone help please?

lotvic 22:18 29 Aug 10

Yes it seems they have just started this.
found click here thread about it on digitalspy.co.uk

MAJ 22:49 29 Aug 10

I use FireFox and Ad-Block Plus, to access ITV.com, it's only a matter of right-clicking on the ABP icon on the FF toolbar and choose the "Disable on ITV.com" option. It works okay for me in IE8.

sunnystaines 07:16 30 Aug 10

watch itv4 for fist time on the pc last week, got same message about ads had to disable IEPRO in addons then restart browser, norton was ok.

[watched the doc re brits in florida]

chestnutcake 20:48 30 Aug 10

Thanks lotvic, MAJ and sunnystaines for your responses. I clicked on the link you gave me lotvic and quite good information there. Will have a go at unblocking or perhaps I had better come clean and say I will ask my Sister because she is more competent than me - not that I am lazy, just nervous!!!!!

Your replies are very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…