Disable USB Bluetooth

herbie53 15:06 03 Jan 08

Hello, I use a USB bluetooth adapter to access my phone, which works fine, but I want to be able to disable the bluetooth adapter without unplugging it to save the hassle of unplugging it from the back of the PC. I don't really want it left on all the time - is there a way to disable a USB device and cut the power to it, and be able to re-enable it without rebooting? System:
Sempron 2600+
1GB DDR

ExBocks 15:11 03 Jan 08

if you are using windows XP, in the control panel look for network connections, then see if your bluetooth usb device is displayed there, if it is right click and press disable.

some usb bluetooth devices are displayed there.

herbie53 15:14 03 Jan 08

Thanks for the response exbocks,
That may work if I was using the Microsoft bluetooth software, but I'm not - I'm using bluesoleil v2.3 - I would use Microsoft but you can't browse the phone like a flash drive like you can in bluesoleil.

herbie53 15:18 03 Jan 08

I should say, I have been into device manager and tried disabling all items which seem to be bluetooth, but the lights are still flashing on the stick, or it prompts for a reboot.

ExBocks 15:24 03 Jan 08

nothing in the taskbar for the device?? like "Remove Hardware Safely" icon?? if there is just disable it in there!

ExBocks

>.>

herbie53 15:26 03 Jan 08

Nope nothing in safely remove hardware :( thanks for the help though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…