Disable Start Up Progs

Confab 12:40 27 Apr 03

I want to speed up the boot process by disabling some programs at start up. One of the items I want to disable is InCD (the main reason being is the annoying splash screen at the start). If I do stop this from running at start up then does anyone know how I activate it if I want to use it. I've gone to start/programs/Ahead Nero but I cant see any reference to InCD there.

Regards

Amber

Confab 12:51 27 Apr 03

Couldn't find it anywhere so I dragged a copy of the .exe file to start menu/programs/ahead nero.
It's now disabled at start up and I can access it from desktop if I want to.

cream. 12:53 27 Apr 03

You will only need this prog if you use cdrw's. The only way I know off on how to get it back running is to enable it again in msconfig\ startup and reboot.

If I remember rightly you can burn to cdrw's with this disabled but you would have to reboot to take the flipping disk out of the drive. Good eh.lol

If you use only cdr's, then disable it and forget it.

Hope this is of some use.

cream. 12:56 27 Apr 03

Ah. you got it sorted.

Are you running X\P, if so get bootvis from microsoft to decrease your boot up time.

It's only a few hundred Kb's
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…