Disable specfic keys on the keyboard

Groove_remover 21:30 23 Sep 03

The above is straight forward. Does anyone have any ideas.

Djohn 22:20 23 Sep 03

Not quite sure what you mean, is there a specific key, or keys you want to disable, and in what way?

Groove_remover 22:30 23 Sep 03

I'm trying to disable the windows key(S).
You know.....the ones on either side of the Alt buttons

Pesala 23:54 23 Sep 03

Just the stuff for sealing Windows.

Take the plastic cover off the keyboard, and fill it with putty or any other suitable filler. That will stop anyone pressing the keys.

Is that what you meant?

Groove_remover 23:58 23 Sep 03

Thanks for that suggestion, I'm sure that would work. However, I was thinking more along the lines of a way through Microsoft windows XP itself, you know a program way.

DieSse 00:02 24 Sep 03

Since they only duplicate things you can click with a mouse, I'm at a loss to see the point, I'm afraid.

Groove_remover 00:22 24 Sep 03

There's no need to be afraid yet!!
I want to disable them as during game play, one was pressed by accident and then the screen switched to the desktop. I then clicked on the task bar to play the game, however, the computer restarted. Thats why I asked the question

MAJ 00:27 24 Sep 03

click here Hope it helps, Groove_remover, I haven't tried it myself yet, so can't vouch for it. Take care to backup the registry before editing it.

Groove_remover 00:34 24 Sep 03

MAJ

Thanks for the help, Ill try it in the morning when I can see straight and my eyes don't hurt.

and I will back up before I execute this.
Thanks

MAJ 00:35 24 Sep 03

Let me know if it works, Groove_remover.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…