disable pop up blocker

sky_123 13:53 07 Sep 05

I keep getting pop ups blocked but have disabled the windows xp blocker and don't think i have anymore. A noise is made when a pop up is blocked and a little square appears at the bottom of my screen. If I enable the windows xp blocker the same square has a tick in it.
How can I find the blocker which is blocking the sites and remove it?

Jackcoms 13:55 07 Sep 05

"disabled the windows xp blocker"

Err, how many other blockers do you think you may have?

Google for example?

Any others?

Tell us which ones you have and we can try to help.

ACOLYTE 13:57 07 Sep 05

Insted of dissabling hold down CTRL before you click the link then it should open and you still have pop up protection.

sky_123 13:58 07 Sep 05

I dunno. Thought it was just xp but that is disabled. I use to have one with aol but now use BT broadband. Never downloaded google. Possibly msn or yahoo.

sky_123 14:00 07 Sep 05

holding ctrl has worked! but still annoying not knowing where its coming from.

johnnyrocker 14:24 07 Sep 05

must be able to find it either in your programme listing or in add remove? right click the icon in task bar?.

keith-236785 15:51 07 Sep 05

in the internet explorer menu, click tools/pop up blocker, select turn OFF pop up blocker.

if you want it to still block the sites but not to beep at you, you can disable the beep by tools/pop up blocker/pop up blocker settings and remove the tick from the play a sound when a pop up is blacked box & also the information bar if you want, then you wouldnt know the popup was even there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…