Disable the onboard graphics card problem

DAD7 09:01 23 Aug 05

I have recently purchased an AGP graphics card to install in my PC, but I cannot disable the onboard graphics card that is integrated on the motherboard through the BIOS setting. I have the manual for the motherboard and it does not state hoe to disable the graphics. If I uninstall the current graphic card driver and then install the new graphics card and load the new driver for that graphics card will that automatically detect the new card or will the motherboard still try and use the onboard graphics?

AndySD 09:13 23 Aug 05

Hi

Without knowing the make / model of the Mobo its hard to say, but try it as a lot of Mobo's do auto disable the onboard graphics its best to try the install.

woodchip 09:20 23 Aug 05

There is one of two things you can do, Connect another Monitor to the onboard so you have two, or disable the Graphics Adapter in Device Manager

Dennis1 10:51 23 Aug 05

When I fitted my graphics card I just disabled the intel onboard in device manager as woodchip says.
Dennis

Strawballs 16:06 23 Aug 05

How old is your board 1 of my old setups I had to use a jumper on the board to dissable onboard when I installed a card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…