Disable Found New Hardware Wizard

killernofiller101 18:17 05 May 05

Hello, can someone please tell me how to disable the New Hardware Wizard because it keeps on popping up when I start up and its annoying me a lot.

Thank you

Diodorus Siculus 18:18 05 May 05

What is it detecting? Often it is easiest to let it install the hardware, whatever it may be (even if already installed).

killernofiller101 18:22 05 May 05

It keeps on installing th Application Layer Service, and then does all McAfee software related things. Ive installed them already and it works perfectly. Its the Application Layer Service that is causing me trouble. I dont know what it is either

Arnie 19:11 05 May 05

Explanation here.

click here

killernofiller101 17:11 06 May 05

Can you please just tell me how to disable it as i will not install any new hardware in this old pc.

Diodorus Siculus 17:15 06 May 05

AFAIK it has to be disabled individually for each piece of hardware.

Arnie 20:14 06 May 05

In XP it can be disabled by going to Start, Run and typing services.msc then click OK.

Right click Application Gateway Services and click on properties. In the Application Gateway Services box, Make sure General is open. In Startup type: choose Disabled then click OK.
You can always re-enable it as required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…