Disable DMA settings

JKAM 16:11 10 May 04

I have to download new drivers for my Sony DRU510A DVD rewriter but before I do I have been asked to disable the DMA setting. How do I do this please?

TomJerry 16:18 10 May 04

"My Computer", "Control Panel" "System" "Hardware" "Device Manager" Find "IDE Controller", click properties of the channel you connect to DVD Writer (Primary or Secondary) and change from there.

recap 16:20 10 May 04

Try this: Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Device Manager right click your DVD drive and select Properties take the tick out of DMA

woodchip 16:22 10 May 04

If you are WinXP right click on My Computer\Properties\Hardware\Device Manager double click the DVD rewriter you will find the DMA in there on one of the tabs. If you are going to flash the DVDRW I would suggest that after you Disable the DMA if the new Flash will work from a floppy disc, shut the computer down and remove all the EIDE cables from the Drives and just leave the DVD drive connected then start with the floppy and flash the DVD drive otherwise you may kill the DVD. some one did just that with a new Laptop DVDRW drive the other day on hear and he was going to take back to shop but how it turned out ?????!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…