Disable Capslock

bgrave 23 Aug 11
Answered

Hello. I have an Acer 5742 laptop and it is great, for the first time I am entering data into spreadsheets. Is it possible to disable the keyboard Capslock other than by ripping it off.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23 Aug 11
  1. Press WinKey+R > type notepad and press Enter

1. Paste to the notepad this:

[HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout] "Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,3a,00,00,00,00,00

1. File > Save As... Select for Save as type: All Files

Enter in the File name field: disablecapslock.reg

Click Save

1. Right click on the created file > Merge
  2. Restart your system

In the case that you want to enable CAPS LOCK again, you need to delete that registry entry, so you need follow these steps:

1. Press WinKey+R > type regedit and press Enter
  2. Navigate to HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
  3. Right click on the Scancode Map > Delete
  4. Restart your system
  bgrave 24 Aug 11
Answer

Ok many thanks for your very quick reply. I might try it ; it is a bit of a gulp!! Thanks any way.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message