Disable on board graphics

teletoter 22:19 21 Feb 07

I have a Foxconn/Winfast motherboard (760GXK8MC)with onboard graphics. How do I disable the onboard graphics so I can instal AGP graphics card. The motherboard manual gives little help on this although very clear when it comes to on board sound. Trying to get help from Foxconn is like pulling teeth!

Totally-braindead 22:23 21 Feb 07

Normally but not always the onboard is disabled automatically when a graphics card is detected.

SANTOS7 22:28 21 Feb 07

Go into the bios, then go to 'Integrated peripherals' and have a look for onboard graphics or onboard video. If you find it, disable it, put new card in reboot it should then give you VGA drivers (generic) then install drivres from new cards disc or manufacturers website..

Strawballs 22:47 21 Feb 07

I had a Foxconn MoBo and all I did was to plug my Graphics card in and loaded the drivers, the rest was automatic I just plugged the monitor in to the card and away it went.

teletoter 20:01 27 Feb 07

Thanks, Strawballs, I feel a bit daft now. It really was that simple!

Strawballs 00:36 28 Feb 07

Don't worry we are all learning all of the time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…