Disable Bluetooth

hawthorn59 20:47 17 Feb 07

Is bluetooth shortening my laptops battery life by being on? How do I turn it off?

I have wireless broadband through a router, I presume Im not using bluetooth so dont need it.

h

Technotiger 20:54 17 Feb 07

Hi, go to Start>Connect to>Show all connections you should then see your bluetooth connection - right click and Disable.

It is of course a slight security risk also to have it on when not using it.

Technotiger 20:55 17 Feb 07

PS - you could also go to Device Manager in My Computer, and disable it there.

hawthorn59 14:05 18 Feb 07

Bluetooth doesnt show under All Connections. i went to device manager and got the following

Bluetooth Devices
-Bluetooth Bus Enumerator
- HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Technology

I disables the second one but I still have the Bluetooth Icon in the taskbar saying Bluetooth On.

If i r-click it says Bluetooth Device Not Found.

h

hawthorn59 14:06 18 Feb 07

Oh, Im getting a Bluetooth Device Not found popup every few minutes now!

h

Technotiger 18:16 18 Feb 07

Hi, I've been away ... can you right-click the icon in the task bar and see if there is a disable option there, I think there should be but I am working from memory now, which is not as sharp as it was.

hawthorn59 20:32 18 Feb 07

No. when I r click now I just get Bluetooth device not found.

h

Technotiger 20:41 18 Feb 07

Hi, well your laptop is rather different than my desktop of course. But I would expect it to say bluetooth device not found, simply because you have no bluetooth device connected.

Is there not the option in Device Manager to disable or uninstall bluetooth. There should also be a Bluetooth Configuration icon in Control Panel which should open and give various options.

I am only going by what I have on my desktop, but I would have thought there would not be a lot of difference re your laptop.

ed-0 21:19 18 Feb 07

What is the model number of the laptop?

Does the laptop have a bluetooth light, if it has, does it depress and switch it off.

or

on the top row of F function keys. Has one of the keys a bluetooth icon. If it has press the Fn button and the F key. Does this disable the bluetooth signal?

You probably have an option in the bios to turn off the bluetooth signal, permanently.

ed-0 21:35 18 Feb 07

the bios.

restart the computer and keep pressing the F2 key as it boots. navigate to System Configuration Utility. Scroll down to built in device options > enable/disable blutooth embedded radio facility.

set to disabled.

if you want to use bluetooth, you must go back to the bios and enable it.

The other option is to remove all references of the device from add and remove programs. Then go to device manager and select each bluetooth device and select disable this device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…