Disable AV and Firewall for a short while.

TommyRed 19:02 03 Jun 04

A file I'm using requires AVG and Zone Alarm to be closed down whilst it's downloading. I'd then like to turn my AV back on so I can scan the download. I'm sure what they say is right as the file which is boot.bin shows as an AVG update under properties. So how do I do it? TIA TR

spanneress 19:09 03 Jun 04

On your own head be it. Best way is to go to an internet cafe to download it...I have learnt the hard way many times about a) unprotected web entry and b) seemingly innocent downloads.

You can turn it off ususally by right clicking th eicon in the task bar and disabling it..but I would not recommend it.

stalion 19:13 03 Jun 04

you should not have to disable your protection on download although some software asks to turn off whilst installing, but then you are not connected to the internet.Regards

sgtdibble 19:27 03 Jun 04

I agree do not disable your firewall or antivirus can you find the download on another site which does not require you to be unprotected Tom >>>

TommyRed 19:27 03 Jun 04

Just tried it again and shows as an AVG update, any ideas why? TR

sgtdibble 19:47 03 Jun 04

AVG does not ask you to disable before a download sounds a bit iffy to me Tom >>>

Eastender 19:50 03 Jun 04

Will you give us a link please.

TommyRed 20:09 03 Jun 04

This is where I get it from when I try and download the bootfile (No.3)click here , the Disc I'm creating wont boot and I reckon this is the cause. TR

TommyRed 20:33 03 Jun 04

^

TommyRed 22:19 03 Jun 04

^

TommyRed 22:48 03 Jun 04

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…