DirectX issue

Harold the 2nd 20:45 19 May 06

I was simply playing a few games of warcraft, when suddenly my warcraft blacked out and didn't let me back in, I closed warcraft and restarted it, then it suddenly said that my directX 8.1 is not available, so I installed my video driver settings again including the installation of directX8.1.
This however did not seem to resolve my issue, I uninstalled warcraft and installed it again, this too had little effect, now everytime I run warcraft the small logo gets displayed but the lauching gives an error stating that my directX 8.1 is not aboard.

this was the error it game me btw:
"WarcraftIII was unable to initialize DirectX, Please ensure you have DirectX 8.1 or newer installed and that your display drivers are current. DirectX may be found on your Warcraft III install CD under options"

Any suggestions about this akward problem?

Stuartli 20:49 19 May 06

You probably need to download DirectX 9c which is the latest version and available from the Microsoft website.

rdave13 20:50 19 May 06

Try updating, click here

Harold the 2nd 20:51 19 May 06

I did that and it istalled itself, but that had little result either

rdave13 20:56 19 May 06

Have a look here, click here

Harold the 2nd 21:01 19 May 06

Not sure what to do with that page actually, I know I have windows 2000 and I know I have directX 9.0 installed.

Harold the 2nd 21:06 19 May 06

I also took the test for my directX and it said this

*No problems found.
*To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
*Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.*

rdave13 21:10 19 May 06

Try updating you graphics card drivers.

Harold the 2nd 21:11 19 May 06

How do I do that?

woodchip 21:19 19 May 06

Do you have one of these GeForce 4 if so click here

Harold the 2nd 21:35 19 May 06

I have a Ati radeon 9000

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…