Directx 9 problem

fritwash 13:39 05 Nov 03

I recently installed DirectX 9 on my Me machine to enable me to run a program. After installing DirectX a message box appeared saying "installation error" even though after restarting the computer the program ran with no problems, I am now left with this error message every time I start up, is there any way I can get rid of it (apart from clicking ok). I have re-installed directX but it still persists.

Cheers

James-286079 16:00 05 Nov 03

Use "msconfig" (type it in the Run Box) to check for any suspect startup programs that may be causing the error.
Uncheck each item in turn and restart until you find the problem program.
Remember to re-enable any options that do not help!

Hope this works!

UppyJC :-)

? ???K??M? 16:49 05 Nov 03

Dont know what program but im asuming it a game if so you may need to upgrade video and/or sound drivers as well and they may also need to be dx9 compatable.#

Regards.

hugh-265156 16:57 05 Nov 03

do a system restore on me to before dx9 was installed.

install the latest dx9 compatable drivers for your graphics card ati click here nvidia click here or from the pc manufacturers website.

reinstall dx9 click here (this version just download and install like any other software)

even if your graphics card is only dx 8.1 compliant dx9 is still required for some of the latest games to run and will work ok with most cards.as ? ???K??M? says above make sure your drivers are up to date first.

make sure you have the latest MSI for the 9x string, and also that the version of DX9 is the correct one for your string.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…