DirectX

shuggee 21:15 18 Sep 04

I installed the new Sims2 game, which told me I needed DirectX 9.0c. I downloaded this and now, when I try to start the game, I get a message saying "Failed to find any Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system" It goes on to tell me to make sure I have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter installed and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. It then terminates the game.

I have no idea what this means. Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

Thanks

shuggee

VoG II 21:17 18 Sep 04

Start, Run, type in

dxdiag

and click OK. Does it report any problems?

shuggee 21:37 18 Sep 04

Thanks very much for that VoG. There is a problem, apparently. The display drivers I have don't support Directx 9.0c. It suggests that I try to get new drivers from the manufacturer. I'll give it a go.

Thanks again

shugge

shuggee 09:19 19 Sep 04

I've tried to get new drivers for my S3 Graphics Pro Savage card without success. None of the available drivers seem appropriate.

I'm stuck now. I don't know what to do next. Do i need to buy a new graphics card or what?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

shuggee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…