directory name invalid error message

Tim 15:11 20 Jan 05

Running XP pro. When I try to access a particular folder I get the following error message
C:\ path>\ path>\ path>\ is not accessible.
Directory name invalid.

This occurs in two particular instances; all I want to do is delete the path and files.

This also happend if I try to access from the command prompt.

Any one with a solution?

SANTOS7 15:17 20 Jan 05

click here this may help,good luck...

mattyc_92 15:18 20 Jan 05

Check your "permissions"... Someone has created some permissions on your system and you haven't got the correct permission of this directory... For example My system has two hard-disks atached to it and they are partitioned for system backups, a spare drive, some music from my cds and some pictures of things like the simpsons, south park, the matrix and so on!!! The system backup drive is only accessable by a Administrator, so a guest, power user, limated account, backup assistants aren't able to access this drive!!!!

Tim 16:20 20 Jan 05

Santos7 and mattyc_92 .thanks.
I have tried both of your suggestions but to no avail. bi the way I am logged on as administrator

Chezdez 16:32 20 Jan 05

try booting up into safemode, and using the administrator account found in there, rather than just a 'normal' administrator account

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…