Directory corrupted W 7

Saltburner 16:57 PM 25 Oct 11

I have an IDE disk partitioned into two. The second half (K:) is fine but the first half (H:)has become unavailable to W7 and I get the message "File or directory corrupted and unreadable. I do not want to lose all my photos on this drive. Any suggestions?

birdface 17:33 PM 25 Oct 11

Not got a clue about this except maybe running chkdsk.

My computer.Right click H drive.properties.Tools.Check now.and tick both boxes.

Now I think that is how you do it.I have only checked C drive before.

maybe wait and see if you get the proper advice.

Saltburner 08:02 AM 26 Oct 11

Thank you Buteman for your response but I'm afraid my problem is that Windows can't access the disk at all so I can't use any Windows tools on it.

sharpamat 08:22 AM 26 Oct 11

If you open my computer on the menu it should show the drives, highlight the problem drive, right click and select properties then select tools the option will be to check for errors

Saltburner 09:53 AM 08 Nov 11

As I keep saying, I can't access the disk in W7. Anybody know if EASEUS DATA RECOVERY will help?

Saltburner 09:22 AM 14 Nov 11

Very disappointed with the responses I got here. Solved in the end by replacing the cable but not before needlessly buying a new disk. No recovery programs worked!

gengiscant 09:37 AM 14 Nov 11

Very disappointed with the responses I got here. Solved in the end by replacing the cable but not before needlessly buying a new disk.

I take it thats not a thank you for the suggestions you had then.

It seems strange that you could access part of a drive but not another but then a change of cable sorted it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…