directory

holmesy67 18:59 02 Feb 05

i am trying to open a file in a game, and it says
open the file and find the game setting line, so
ican change something, but i am having a bit of trouble, can one of you clever people help me?

d.h.

mattyc_92 19:00 02 Feb 05

What is the problem then???

bremner 19:04 02 Feb 05

You will need to supply much more information if we are to help.

What game? What file? What are you trying to acheive? etc etc

holmesy67 19:05 02 Feb 05

well i have opened something which might be the game file, but the thing im supposed to find isnt
there, although some things a bit similar

mattyc_92 19:07 02 Feb 05

Am I missing something??? We don't know what you want to do, how you think you have to do it, what you are looking for....

Please start "from the top"... What game, what file, and what do you want to do???

holmesy67 19:10 02 Feb 05

right then,the game is virtua cop 2,and in order
to have unlimited life,guns,etc i have to change a line in the game setting line to do so, is
that any clearer

VoG II 19:13 02 Feb 05

Right click the icon, Properties. Change what it says in the Target box.

mattyc_92 19:13 02 Feb 05

Thank you... Now then we can start to help....

Where did you get the info from to do this e.g is it a "reliable" or "abit dodgy"????

If you "mess" around with some of the files and "muck it up", then that can result in the game not working and having to uninstall it and re-install after reboot...

bremner 19:15 02 Feb 05

Found this on Google:

Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "vcop2.ini" file in the game directory."

Open vcop.ini in Notepad and follow the instruction as above making the changes you require.

holmesy67 19:51 02 Feb 05

so how do i use a text editor?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…