DirectDBnoti... preventing shutdown

Graham. 20:03 20 Sep 07

I get an alert on Shutdown that the above program is not responding. There is no 'Ending program', just an 'End now'. The 'DirectDBnoti...' is all of the name that appears.

I cannot see the program anywhere. Any help, please?

brundle 20:14 20 Sep 07

Do you use Outlook Express?

Graham. 20:20 20 Sep 07

Yup!

brundle 20:24 20 Sep 07

Does it shutdown OK on its own? OE I mean. Or do you see the problem when you turn off the PC with OE open?

Graham. 20:39 20 Sep 07

It was happening with OE closed.

Do you think it is OE related? I ask because I had one of those .Net updates that wouldn't install, and had to go through the routine of uninstalling and re-installing .Net at about the same time. Since then, this problem seems to have gone. I will try a few more times (later) to see if it reappears.

brundle 20:44 20 Sep 07

Outlook Express and Net Framework aren't related in any way I know of. Apparently directdb.dll is one of the libraries OE uses, although a .dll can be used by any program.

skidzy 20:45 20 Sep 07

Possibly what Brundle is refering to:
DirectDB.dll is a part of OE, which deals with the dbx files (mailboxes).

I think your going to have to reregister OE.

skidzy 20:45 20 Sep 07

Sorry brundle,we posted roughly the same time.

Graham. 20:50 20 Sep 07

Now you mention it, OE has been a little flaky of late. What's the proceedure? and should I back-up things first?

skidzy 20:50 20 Sep 07

To re-register Outlook Express,though backup those important emails first.click here

Graham. 21:06 20 Sep 07

I have to go off-line for a while. I will follow up your leads shortly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…