DirectCD/INCD

tes 11:58 31 Dec 03

At present I use DirectCD from Easy CD creator but I am changing over to Nero which uses INCD. Will i be able to read my previously saved CDs with Nero?

philwane 12:01 31 Dec 03

No they are not compatible I use Nero but I do not install INCD instead I Install Roxio Direct Cd then you have the best of both worlds

TBH1 12:32 31 Dec 03

actually, I'm convinced you can read your previously saved CDs - - - I used to use adaptec and now use Nero and am sure I had no problems during the 'change-over'. If in doubt, you can copy your 'packet-switching' ones to ordinary ones - -then you defo will be alright - - though as stated, I think you will be OK anyway. Confused ??????
I'll get me coat - - -

krislas 12:41 31 Dec 03

I would be interested to hear how the change over went as i am about to do the same tomorrow. I am upgrading CDRW, and the new uses NERO. I will copy my CDRW info onto CDR though just to be safe. Wtch this space!!

TBH1 12:50 31 Dec 03

I have had one or two 'funnies' with ones I have created from work; my works writer is a HP one, the software I believe adaptec but labelled as HP stuff - - when I use cdrw's created at work at home, although I can read them, I cannot wrote to them via NERO - - . If this is the only problem you have, then no problem I guess - - - just copy all your data created on your old writer to your hard disk, then back out to cdrw's formatted for packet - switching on your new drive.

Am defo getting me coat - - -

TBH1 12:51 31 Dec 03

only 11 hours drinkin time left - -

Simsy 15:13 31 Dec 03

My dad's PC has DirectCD, I have InCD. They didn't read each others discs untill I updated my version of InCD.

I can't remember which version it was I updated to, but it was well over a year ago, probably nearer 2 years, so assumming it is current versions of both I suspect it will be OK....

However... You should be aware that, contrary to popular belief, InCD is NOT "part of Nero"... it is a sister programme and has to be installed seperately. If you are happy with DirectCD there is no reason why you should not use this and Nero.

You should not, though, have both InCD and DirectCD installed and runnning together. They are likely to conflict with one another, fighting for control of the CDRW.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…