direct3d diagnostic failure

renoog 18:35 16 Dec 04

When running direct3d diagnostic test the following message appears;
you cancelled test by pressing a key.
But i have not pressed any key,hence icannot play certain games on my laptop.
Can anyone help! I am new to computing so the simplest of explanations/solutions would be appreciated.
Thanks renoog

Diodorus Siculus 20:01 16 Dec 04

Maybe a reinstall of your version of DirectX will help.

Or it may be an incompatibility with your graphics chipset.

renoog 20:50 16 Dec 04

i have tried a reinstall but to no avail. would i have to uninstall directx first,if so how?

Diodorus Siculus 07:55 17 Dec 04

Not easy to uninstall DirectX so I am not sure what to suggest...

curlylad 10:06 17 Dec 04

What operating system are you using? Removing/repairing DirectX depends on this info.

renoog 17:56 18 Dec 04

i have found a temporary answer to the problem.through device manager when i update my drivers ie radeon 9000,diagnotic is fine plus can play games.however once ive switched off computer i have to go through same procedure,why help!!

Diodorus Siculus 18:49 18 Dec 04

Try uninstalling the drivers, reboot and reinstall the drivers with the latest versions; see if that helps.

curlylad 14:57 20 Dec 04

I think you need to update your DirectX.If you have Win95 the latest version you can use is version 8.0a , if you have NT then you cannot update your DirectX , if any other Windows version then get the latest DirectX from click here.

However if you would like to uninstall the version you have now first so you have a fresh download get DirectX uninstaller from click here or DirectX eradicator from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…