Direct x Fatal error ongoing

philtree 18:21 20 Apr 05

I Installed some software that requires direct X
application. during the initial cd installation I was asked to update to DX 9.0c . I did this and the settings show I'm running on the latest version of DX.However when I try to open the programme i get the following fatal error ...'Unable to locate compatible graphic adapter, make sure you are running the latest version of Direct X'?? I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times but no way will it open. Anyone got any ideas please.

Totally-braindead 18:24 20 Apr 05

Go to START, RUN and key in dxdiag that should tell you whats wrong, I suspect that the graphics card you have is either not installed properly or is not fully DX9C compatible.

Totally-braindead 18:25 20 Apr 05

Should have asked, what graphics card do you have?

philtree 18:52 20 Apr 05

Thanks Bd , I've just done a test in dxdiag tools and there is a note.. 'hardware accelerated Direct 3D 9+ is not available because the display driver does not support it. not sure what this means but maybe this is the problem. Where do i find info for what graphic card I have?

VoG II 18:53 20 Apr 05

Belarc Advisor will tell you click here

philtree 18:59 20 Apr 05

Thanks VoG will do

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…