Direct X 9.0c and XFX Geforce FX 5900 XT card

blackstorm2k 17:55 19 Sep 04

Hi,

I bought 'The Sims' 2 today, installed it and got the following error message:

'Failed to find any Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest graphics drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate'

So I went to Nvidias website and downloaded the latest (61.77) drivers for my graphics card and installed them. This still hasn't solved the problem, and I'm now really confused as to why it won't work!! Doom 3, Colin Macrae Rally 5 and Far Cry all work fine.

My system spec is:

P4 3.0Ghz, Intel D865GBFL motherboard, 1024MB 400Mhz DDR RAM, XFX Geforce FX 5900 XT, Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1.

The game supports my graphics card and I have Direct X 9.0c installed. I just don't get why it won't work! Anyone else had this problem or similar?

Cheers

powerless 17:59 19 Sep 04

Not much: click here

blackstorm2k 18:13 19 Sep 04

I've already looked here and tried those suggestions, and it still doesn't work!

citadel 00:19 20 Sep 04

If other games play ok I can't see that direct x is faulty. When a new game comes out there are problems that turn up, these are fixed with patches. The ea games support page may have an answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…