Direct Scanning into Microsoft Word ?

Vicmohi 00:55 03 May 03

I want to scan letterheads etc directly into Microsoft Word in order to produce document templates. Am sure I could do this on my old PC but can't find a way to do it now. Scanning into image software does not enable me to obtain a file type compatible to Word (would like "xxxx.doc" form preferably).
Does anyone know of patch for Word or shareware etc which will enable me to do this ?
or
Alternatively, something similar which will enable me to convert file types from image formats to doc format ?

Bill

hillybilly 01:02 03 May 03

Open a new Word doc, click on Insert on the menu, click on picture, then you should be able to click on "From scanner or camera" This should let you scan your letterhead straight into a word doc.

^wave^ 01:03 03 May 03

my scanning software lets me scan into word what do you use

DieSse 01:10 03 May 03

Scanning a whole page into Word will give you a very poor result. You will end up with a picture which covers the whole page.

What you need to do is -

Scan just the letterhead part into an imaging program - try and use just the logo if you can, not any words/lines that you can type directly into Word.

Crop the image to the minimum size, and remove any blemishes.

Save the picture in a non-lossy format, such as BMP.

Insert the saved image into a Word document. add any further text and lines you want.

Save the whole thing as a Template, so that you can easily re-use it.

Vicmohi 00:34 04 May 03

Thanks to everyone for help. Worked fine - Problems solved.
Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…