Direct downloading issue

BeForU 00:39 23 Jun 04

Hello. Is there a way to make it so that when you click on a link to download something, it pops up with the dialog box to allow you where to save the file. Cause right now, it seems to just start to download automatically to the Temporary Folder, and I would like to stop that happening. It never used to do this before so can anyone help please.

whybe 00:48 23 Jun 04

Usually I find that if you click Save instead of Open on the download dialog box, it asks you where you want to save it to. I thought it only went to the temporary folder if you clicked Open, but I may be wrong.

Meshuga 06:37 23 Jun 04

As whybe says,click save and you should get a dialogue box offering you a choice of places to save in. I have just downloaded programs to save in an external storage device. Regards, Meshuga.

BeForU 14:03 23 Jun 04

I think maybe I should have wrote my problem a bit more clearer.

Whenever I click on a link to download a file, it *>doesn't<* come up with the dialog box where it allows you to save the file to whatever location on the hard drive. All it does is it automatically downloads the file to the Temporary Folder and I would like to stop that from happening. I would like to get that save dialog box up again but I just don't know how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…