Direct cable connection to my networked .

pilate 12:19 15 Dec 05

Like many old f***s i have a networked pc running in my shed (via an adsl host elswhere) as im playing about with graphic art I thought it may be useful to connect another pc to my networked pc as per i followed instructions and nothing, It seems that the spybot s&d i'm running wont allow the connection.Searching s&d website did not provide any clues.

Has anybody eperienced this problem,or has any suggestions to what i can check?

DieSse 12:35 15 Dec 05

I cannot see how spybot will be doing this - it doesn't have this type of functionality.

Can you describe how you have connected up the second PC pls.

uisquebeathus 12:36 15 Dec 05

Spybot S&D really should not be able to do this,have you actually disabled it and got a connection, right click the icon and click /exit. then try again.
what other software do you have in the pc, Firewall or antivirus.
when you say connected and followed instructions where didyou get them, is this network through a router or switch or just a network cable or a crossover cable and how long was it?
have you set the network addresses and workgroup name

pilate 13:06 15 Dec 05

ok skipped the shed for a moment. Firstly spy bot reports an unauthorised remote access attempt and whilst the host reports "listening" the other pc reports it fails to detect the host. Details- I am connecting the pc's via direct cable from the printer ports. On the host I'm connected via lan (cable 5e etc ) to the network host in the house which in turn is connected via adsl to the web etc I have an ethernet switch with one other pc connected through my daughters bedroom.all of these work fine.Firewall is windows xp, Mcafee on the adsl host and all pc's are running avg free and spybot. As to the instructions well i just ran the direct cable connection wizard on the machines i am trying to connect to. Incidentally they are both running win ME. hope this helps Elucidate thanks.

CLONNEN 13:22 15 Dec 05

Have you tried uninstalling Spybot? Does the connection work then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…