Direct 3D

Hotfingers 14:18 18 Jan 03
  Hotfingers 14:18 18 Jan 03

A while back my computer, every now and then when changing to the screensaver would constantly click from one resolution to another and I would have to turn it off. To try and fix this I formated my hard drive, and it was fine for a few weeks. Now all of a sudden it has started doing this again, however after a while it stops and says 'cannot create Direct3D device'. I have used DX diag and when I run 'test Direct 3d' it says:

'D3D7 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)'.

I have the latest version as far as I know, 8.1. It does not get far enough into the test to run D3D8 tests. I have tried to re-install Direct X but it has not worked.
System: PIII 650, 384Mb, GeForce2 GTS 32mb with WHQL certification.

Thanks in advance
Hotfingers

bvw in bristol 14:42 18 Jan 03

Might help you:click here many people with the same problem.

Stuartli 14:59 18 Jan 03

Microsoft has just released DirectX version 9 - it is backward compatible but MS warns that some drivers etc may have to be updated for some hardware.

Hotfingers 16:37 18 Jan 03

Thanks very much for everyones help. I have now downloaded DirectX 9 and it now runs a dream. I would recommend people with a moderatly modern graphics card and Win Xp to download this. My computer graphics runs much faster. A word of warning though, make sure you do a system restore as you cannot remove Direct X.

Thanks again
Hotfingers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…