Dim Qu - is 4000MAH 2 x battery time of 2000MAH?

I have a dvd battery which is a 2000MAH battery and lasts 2.5 hrs. I can order a spare which is a 4000MAH one. Will there be a difference?(same voltage both batteries).
Not a PC question but I'll bet somebody knows the answer!

Salinger 10:23 05 Mar 05

What size of Battery? 4000 mAh is big.

It is big one!! It is for a portable DVD player.What I want to know is would a 4000 last longer than a 2000? If not what i sthe difference?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:34 05 Mar 05

MAH = milli amps per hour

Batteries are rated on how much current they will deliver for a 6 hour period. (How much charge they can hold)

So a 2000MAH will deliver a constant 2A for 6 hours
a 4000MAH will deliver a constant 4A for 6 hours.

However depending on how you use whatever is connected to the battery, you probably need more than 2A to run the device, i.e. 6A the battery will only last for 2 hours.

Don't expect your 4000MAH battery to last 5 hours it will be more like 3.5 to 4 hours.

Salinger 10:35 05 Mar 05

$000 in theory stores double the capacity of of a 2000. But I ask again, what size is this battery (Type) You are not going to get AAs with 4000 mAh.

Thanks fruit Bat- The battery that came with the player is 2000 MAH and gives 2-2.5 hrs of play under normal conditions. At the time of purchase there was a battery that offered 4-4.5 hrs play but I didn't buy it. I have spoken to an online battery seller and he says the battery that he has to work with my DVD player is a 4000MAH (I was questionning if it were the right battery because of the 2000/4000 discrepancy). He says it def. fits my player (& would refund all costs including postage if it didn't so must be confident!) but I was wondering what the extra 2000 meant? (was it the longer lasting battery I could have bought at purchase?)From your reply I'm hoping that it is the "longer lasting " one!

Salinger- I'm not sure what you want me to say? It is a BIG battery specifically designed to hook on to the end of a Panasonic portbale dvd player it isn't AA's or anything like that H601 (the original was a H603 which was why I was questionning the seller who was advertising it for my DVD player)

Salinger 10:44 05 Mar 05

It doesn't really matter now, it is obviously a non-standard battery.

wiz-king 11:37 05 Mar 05

But you will have to be carefull of charging conditions. The high current density cells are less tolerant of over charging than normal, if it needs a 8hr charge then give it 8hrs dont leave it on all day, also they get hot when charging. It is better to use a charger that is made for NiMH cells not just a NiCd charger.

Now I'm very confused. You put the battery on the DVd player then you connect the player to the electrical outlet and the battery charges in situ. When charged the light changes colour.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:10 05 Mar 05

perhaps a read of
click here may help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…