DIM MONITOR

heezy45 15:30 16 Dec 07

HELLO,WHEN I SWITCH ON MY PC,IT BOOTS ALRIGHT BUT MY MONITOR IS VERY DIM I CAN BARELY SEE ANYTHING.TRIED MONITOR ON DIFFERENT UNIT IT WORKS,GAVE DIM MONITORS VGA CABLE TO A DIFFERENT ONE IT WORKS,VISE VERSA IT WORKS.GAVE POWER CABLE FROM A WORKING PC TO DIM MONITOR,IT COMES ON.SWAPPED SYSTEM UNIT TO A WORKING MONITOR IT WORKS.WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE THE PROBLEM.
Thanx.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:36 16 Dec 07

1. please don't shout (capitals)

2. if monitor and cable are ok on other machine then it must be the setings on our graphics card that require adjusting or your graphics card is faulty.

heezy45 15:43 16 Dec 07

Hello fruit bat.since the system unit is alright on other pcs without any adjustment how can it be the graphics card.

Belatucadrus 17:26 16 Dec 07

If as you're test procedure suggests the monitor is OK as are the power & data cables, the only thing left really is the graphics card, the bit of hardware in the PC that sends the signal to the monitor. But here's where I get a bit confused, what exactly do you mean by "System Unit" have you extracted the VGA card from the MOBO and tested it on another PC or do you mean something else ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac