Digitizing Analogue

JMG 14:00 25 Feb 06

My question is simple enough but when I look on the internet for a product, I never seem to see exactly the right piece of hardware.

What I am trying to do is find a piece of kit that will take analogue signals from from a VHS cassette via SCART and then digitise it for burning to DVD.

I have seen some gizmos, but none of them seem to connect to the video SCART connector. Is there an adaptor I need or something? I have seen the Avermedi DVD EZMaker USB2.0, but it doesn't have SCART on the input.

Any help would be appreciated.

€dstowe 14:11 25 Feb 06

You can get scart to phono (RCA) adapters from Maplin (amongst others) click here

pj123 14:14 25 Feb 06

This is what I use click here

It is very good, but remember to do this via a PC will take around 7 hours for a 3 hour VHS tape.

I also have a dedicated DVD recorder Liteon LVW 5006 click here connected to my TV, Video, Freeview and Satellite dish. This records in real time.

€dstowe 14:15 25 Feb 06

Sorry, posted too soon.

Should have gone on to say that you can then connect that to your A to D converter

JMG 14:18 25 Feb 06

Thanks all, I think the simplest solution seems to be to but the liteon product. Presumably I could then go scart to scart? Thanks again - that was a seriously quick bunch of replies!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac