Digiter temperature reader for comp ?

woofwoofbark 18:44 08 Jul 09

Hi , I'm wondering if anyone uses a temperature reader inside your computer.

I was looking through youtube recently and saw someone had one and thought it would be cool to see the temp inside my comp.

My temps for the cpu , graphics recently went up because of the weather rising over the last two weeks , my cpu usually idle's at 26-28c ( core 2 duo E6600 , Zalman cnps9900 ) with the heatwave my cpu was mid 30's and got thinking about a temp reader.

Ive seen one on ebay but dunno if its ok for a comp ? click here|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1686|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50 for the one im interested.

Any advice , comments appreciated.

MAT ALAN 18:46 08 Jul 09

click here

i used to use this...

woofwoofbark 19:23 08 Jul 09

Thanks for your reply , I wasnt asking about component readings.

Sorry for the confusion , I meant I was thinking about an temp reader with LCD display to read the air temperature inside my computer.

Im wondering if the one on ebay , the link I added before , will be ok to leave inside the comp case ?

I'm really curious to find the temperature inside my case , I have an Antec 902 , click here , comp case , it has 2 big 120 mm intake fans on the front which the speeds are adjusted using a switch , turning the switch clockwise spins the fans quicker , plus another 120mm exhaust fan at the back and a 200mm exhaust fan on top , both exhaust fans have a switch that give low, medium or high speed settings.

It would be good to see the comps internal temperature when the fans are running at each 3 different spin cycles.

MAT ALAN 20:11 08 Jul 09

air temperature inside my computer..

Don't see the point when its the components that you really need to monitor...

Stuartli 23:02 08 Jul 09

I used to have a self-built system in the mid-2000s which had a Bios feature that revealed the case temperature with or without the side panel in place...:-)

Can't recall the particular supplier of the Bios, although it may well have been Award/Phoenix.

OTT_Buzzard 23:36 08 Jul 09

Mat Alan's right - air temp means nothing. Apart from anything, it depends where you measure it. There could easily be a differential in excess of 20°C from the warmest to coolest areas. It wouldn't suprise me if it was more than that for OC'd systems.

There is an exception to this though. If you are trying to map air temps around the case (say to tune cooling systems) then it could be useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now