Digital/Analogue converter

paul654 22:24 28 Jun 04

In Aug PC advisor I saw an external Dig/ana converter for turning VHS video into DVD. As I have lots of Vhs tapes of Hols,Kids,special occasions I would love to convert them all to DVD.The above unit was priced at £200. Is there an internal`card` that you can buy that does the same thing, if so how much do they cost and can anyone recomend one (the simpler to use the better)Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SEASHANTY 22:56 28 Jun 04

Information on this website
click here

TomJerry 23:20 28 Jun 04

Link VHS player to this DVD recorder, just do the copy. No computer involved. So, one hour tape take hour to copy.

There are many models sell at this price, for example Liteon LVW-5005 "Stand-alone" DVD Recorder with Built in TV Tuner (Stock Now In) £199.99 click here

If you use computer option, one hour video could take 3 hours or more to convert, Capture, the Rendering etc. Unless you have a hardware MPEG encorder card which could set you back £500 or more.

paul654 23:39 28 Jun 04

So let me get this straight....If I buy any DVD recorder I can connect this to my VHS VCR with a scart lead and hey presto?? I had no idea...

TomJerry 01:24 29 Jun 04

most recorders should have connectors you need, but better check specification.

The one I suggested "LiteOn" has all connections. Liteon is a top cd/dvd reader/recorder makers, some famous brands just re-brand Liteon units.

SEASHANTY 10:09 29 Jun 04

Check out the DVD recorders on this website
click here Just click
on the model illustrations to bring up thye specifications etc., Also note the Panasonic range
on page 2. Some like the DMR-E85 also have an 80GB
hard disk. I purchased mine from this firm and they
delivered free by City Link in less than 48 hours.
Also multi-region modified so will play USA DVD's.
There are also combi dvd recorders which also have a
VCR incorporated such as the Panasonic DMR-E75. I note that the E75 has now been removed from this website - however it is still listed on Pricerunner
click here

paul654 22:16 29 Jun 04

Thanks folks....been looking at a few sites....intend to buy a Dvd recorder, probably Philips or Panasonic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant