Digital Voice Recorder Quality

roygbiv 16:23 20 Dec 06

Looking at Olympus VN1100PC or VN3100PC.

The largest one claims upto 70 Hours recording time @low quality, recording time lowering with the rise in quality.

Do you have an idea of the type of quality we are talking about.

Plus whats the software like??

roygbiv 22:06 20 Dec 06

which models have microphone and speaker built in? not too clear on the web ( or am I "not looking"

anchor 09:56 21 Dec 06

It seems apparent that both these models have in-built microphones.

However, as far as I can see neither have a speaker; you use a plug-in earphone.

If you want one with both a mic:& speaker, you need something like these models:

click here

click here

I am Spartacus 10:55 21 Dec 06

I have an Olympus VN-900 which is a few years old now. But to give you some idea of the quality:

High Quality - Good enough to use at a meeting of 6 people sat around a table and records very well for 22 mins.

Standard Quality - Good enough to use at a face to face meeting across the table and record reasonably well for 33 mins.

Low Quality - Can just about record your voice providing you're inside (picks up wind noise far too easily) and there's no background noises for 90 mins. I never use this.

This model (which is probably not available now) has 8MB memory, built in speaker and mic with the option to connect external earphone and mic.

It can't connect to a PC so there was no software with it so I can't comment on that personally however a few reviews over the years have been good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…