Digital video editing software recommendation?

TimCDC 17:37 09 Jun 04

Can anyone recommend a package for editing videos - my main need is to turn brief clips, currently on VHS tape, into mpeg files; occasionally the video will already be digital from a digital camera. I'll sometimes need to edit them by cutting and pasting, but nothing fancy. I had wondered about Pinnacle Digital Video Creator 120, which comes with Pinnacle Studio QuickStart...anyone use this, or able to point me to reviews anywhere?

Thanks!

Belatucadrus 19:29 09 Jun 04

Video Editing :- Zwei Stein click here
Avid Free DV click here

mole44 20:09 09 Jun 04

try the free one if your running XP

TimCDC 20:52 09 Jun 04

I hadn't even thought of using the free XP one, which will easily do for my purposes, as will the two free links, thank!; excellent advice...now, can anyone recommend hardware for converting from VHS to mpeg? Thanks

GroupFC 21:38 09 Jun 04

I can't help with your question but a couple of useful sites for Moviemaker2 are click here and click here

GroupFC 21:40 09 Jun 04

Sorry don't know what happened to that second link - try this click here

TimCDC 22:16 09 Jun 04

I've been fiddling around with MovieMaker and have found it a bit more difficult than I had anticipated, so I will definitely check out those links. Thanks

GroupFC 22:40 09 Jun 04

I too have found MM2 to be a bit tempremental to say the least,and like you a bit more diffcult to get to grips with than I first thought it would be, but I think one of my problems is that my machine may be a bit under-powered.

I actually printed off all the tutorials from the mightycoach site and had a good read and i do think it was well worth doing.

I forgot to mention another site that you might want to have a look at which gets all sorts of postings about problems with MM2 is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes