Digital video editing software recommendation?

TimCDC 17:37 09 Jun 04

Can anyone recommend a package for editing videos - my main need is to turn brief clips, currently on VHS tape, into mpeg files; occasionally the video will already be digital from a digital camera. I'll sometimes need to edit them by cutting and pasting, but nothing fancy. I had wondered about Pinnacle Digital Video Creator 120, which comes with Pinnacle Studio QuickStart...anyone use this, or able to point me to reviews anywhere?

Thanks!

Belatucadrus 19:29 09 Jun 04

Video Editing :- Zwei Stein click here
Avid Free DV click here

mole44 20:09 09 Jun 04

try the free one if your running XP

TimCDC 20:52 09 Jun 04

I hadn't even thought of using the free XP one, which will easily do for my purposes, as will the two free links, thank!; excellent advice...now, can anyone recommend hardware for converting from VHS to mpeg? Thanks

GroupFC 21:38 09 Jun 04

I can't help with your question but a couple of useful sites for Moviemaker2 are click here and click here

GroupFC 21:40 09 Jun 04

Sorry don't know what happened to that second link - try this click here

TimCDC 22:16 09 Jun 04

I've been fiddling around with MovieMaker and have found it a bit more difficult than I had anticipated, so I will definitely check out those links. Thanks

GroupFC 22:40 09 Jun 04

I too have found MM2 to be a bit tempremental to say the least,and like you a bit more diffcult to get to grips with than I first thought it would be, but I think one of my problems is that my machine may be a bit under-powered.

I actually printed off all the tutorials from the mightycoach site and had a good read and i do think it was well worth doing.

I forgot to mention another site that you might want to have a look at which gets all sorts of postings about problems with MM2 is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…