digital video editing equipment

miss b 20:25 16 May 03

can someone please help me by giving me advice on where to find a definition on what one is and how it works and an idea on where i can find some examples where i can compare prices etc.

siouxah1 22:05 16 May 03

Hello miss b,

Not sure how much knowledge you have but there are two parts to this.

Hardware and software.

I have given a site with overviews of video editing, at desktop level. Have a look at this and if you rquire further info post back here.

click here

When you post back give a quick spec of your machine and at what level you wish to enter video editing.

regards Brian j

krall 22:15 16 May 03

miss b
could you be more specific,ie your pc spec and camera details would help. DV editing requries special software on your pc which, unless you are running WIN XP, would require editing software like Ulead or Pinnicle.

miss b 22:28 16 May 03

im sorry only im doing an assignment and have been asked to identify 3 pieces of equipment required to take videos etc and i need to have 3 examples of each including pricing etc.

Rubroy 22:51 16 May 03

see my note today to Antz. The full PC System willset you back about £1500 inc VAt and superb thin flat screen. The Radeon kit about £930 inc VAT - but someone will have to install it.

Three examples - A digital Camcorder, say £ 600
A VCR (video machine) to
download to (Prices vary a lot)
A second Video to edit with or
a very expensive (£1500 +)pro
editing suite

Or do it with a good PC System!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…