Digital Video Editing

machins 16:01 22 Apr 04

Having just treated myself to a new Digital camcorder I want to edit my footage.
What is the best/best value programme to consider. I have seen Pinnacle V9 advertised - is it as good as it claims?

Any help on this subject would be very much appreciated - Thanks

gordy70 16:14 22 Apr 04

Hi Machins

I am a fairly recent newcomer to video editing also, I currently use Pinnacle Version 8 and find it very easy to use.
Some great transitions and the ability to reduce or increase the original soundtrack as well as any backing track or voice over that you add is great, especially for kids birthday parties when you want to see your little darlings but not necessarily hear the havoc they are creating.
I have just ordered version 9 as I think it has some useful features over my current version.
I am sorry i can't give you a comparison with any other software, but i am very happy with Pinnacle.

961 17:21 22 Apr 04

The best value is without doubt Microsoft Windows Movie Maker 2. The reason is that it's a free download but quite apart from that it is a great way to learn video editing. It's easy peasy to use and it produces a great result. You need Windows xp.

Another good programme is Videostudio 7 by Ulead which costs upward from £40

There was a comprehensive review of Movie Editing programmes in the Feb 2004 edition of Personal Computer World

stlucia 17:26 22 Apr 04

I've also got no complaints about Pinnacle (an older version), but you're best off starting off with a freebie such as suggested by 961. Then, when you've got a bit of experience, you'll know what to look for when comparing products.

I believe that Ulead and Adobe also do free limited-duration downloads for you to try out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…