Digital Video Editing

machins 09:23 15 Feb 04

I am about to buy a Digital Movie Camera and will soon be looking for a suitable programme to edit with on the PC.

Which is the best/best value package available from your experience please?

Many thanks

zed650 09:31 15 Feb 04

I use Pinnacle Studio V8; which I’ve found to be very intuitive and produces good results.

MichelleC 10:33 15 Feb 04

I found Movie Studio click here is the most reliable dv editor. Or if you're flush its big brother Vegas is probably the elite.

961 10:50 15 Feb 04

Having just gone down this road may I honestly suggest that you start with the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker which is a free download from the Microsoft site.

I have found is easy to use and capable of producing good results. Some of the others have quite a steep learning curve. There is a review of home video editing software in Feb 2004 Personal Computer World

If you have not yet bought the camera try to ensure it has DV In as well as DV out so that your edited film can be recorded onto the camera tape from the computer for easy showing on tv etc. Some cameras do not have this

Bagsey 11:41 15 Feb 04

An addition to what 961 said I would also look to analogue in so that you can convert those old Hi8 or vhs to digital for adding to DVD. There must be a lot of cameras on the market that can do this and it is worth the extra ££££.
My Canon has DVin and out. Analogue in and out.
For info and help checkout these sites
click here and

click here

Bagsey 15:51 15 Feb 04

Just been looking at ebay and spotted this. You may be interested.
click here

Bagsey 15:54 15 Feb 04

Sorry I should warn you that it works with Win 95 and 98 but I doubt if there are any ME or XP upgrades.

Bagsey 15:58 15 Feb 04

I seem to be doing a lot of apologising today. Sorry but the last two entries were posted to the wrong thread. Put it down to Old age, senior moments or Grouse.(the Famous variety)

961 16:32 15 Feb 04

Bagsey....

Perhaps we can all come round to help you sort things out...

Bagsey 17:49 15 Feb 04

I am getting good at sorting the grouse so I can manage thanks :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…