Digital video to DVD

Fred the flour grader 18:30 16 Sep 04

Hi guys. A problem for a friend to see if it can be solved here. What info I have is very vague so whatever you throw at me I will pass on.
He has bought a digital video camera and wants to transfer his movies onto DVD via his DVD burner on his PC. He is using a program called U-lead and is using a format called MPEG2.
When he transfers the movie over he says the pc says it has gone over but it is not there and saying :format not supported:

He assures me both PC and DVD burner are ok and camera only a few weeks old, operating ok.
He is getting frustrated as it is just ruining blank DVD discs.

Any ideas....sorry it's so vague...Fred

Rwstill 18:55 16 Sep 04

After you edit your video it as got to be rendered.
It also needs to be rendered in the resolution suitable for dvd.
It is this file that is burnt onto the dvd.
Tell him to go to click here here he can learn the lot.
Don't know if this helps.

picklsey 18:59 16 Sep 04

don,t know if this is any help i use ulead dvd movie factory and ulead video studio (still finding my way around it)but you must set it up right.make sure he has set the capture mode correct ie set to capture dvd or vcd ect then on the output i think it,s the last setting before burn to check that it,s set up correctly ie set for pal dvd then he just clicks burn or output it should then convert what he has done to dvd it takes a little while to do but i,ve had no real problems with it.hope this will help some. best of luck with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…